Ahhh, so nice to be home in Spain.


Location: Viveiro, Spain
Ride Day: pics here/vid here

I had a rough one out on the road a couple of days ago, eh, I pretty much had a rough couple days in general.

What? Can't control the world? Thought I had heard that one out of my mouth a couple of hundred times....

And I'm not a big believer in horoscopes, unless they are accurate, and in my inbox I got a pretty good one: "Fun may be your main focus today, especially if recent experiences have been filled with challenges." So I decided to just have fun.

I decided to just kit up and go for a ride and also pick the first hotel I came across and the first restaurant someone suggested and not to try and plan so much. Granted, I'm moving pretty quickly here and you could spend weeks in just one city I've been in and not get to all it's little crannies.

But I'm seeing more on my rides than most tourists will ever see, so I keep that in my pocket, and try not to sweat the fact that I'm not seeing "the" cathedral or "the" bridge or "the" monastery. After dinner last night I drove down to the beach and sat there in the dark and it was one of those moments that I knew would keep itself right up front for quite a long time.

The fantastic bottle of wine that I had with my massive veal steak was a large contributor to this feeling, but the 75 degree weather, the perfect ride, and the sound of the waves and the brightness of the stars, well, that all played a part as well.

And my hotel might have just been built yesterday. It's gorgeous and modern and my balcony overlooks the Atlantic and you can hear the waves breaking. And it's cheap as shit, as is most everything in Europe at the moment.

Viveiro is gorgeous from A to Z. It's my favorite city so far next to Puerto Banus. The ride was hard, for sure. 49 miles and a tad over 6,300 feet of climbing. Hurtful. Glorious. Absolutely pushed my limits.

Making the decision to take the Exodus may have been my best ever. It's been a real, honest adventure and a serious test of my patience and mental strength.

And I have to say that I really, really, really, really, love riding my bike. Cobblestones and dead-ends and massive, painful ascents included.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...